Bulk Pack of 5 kits - Save10%!!
"The Pro Studio Animation Armature Kit is the latest innovation from JulianClarkStudios, a studio quality self-build kit for all levels of experience, from beginners to professionals.
Including over 120 quality components, 44 of which are precision cut using the latest laser technology and hand finished in our UK based armature workshop. Also includes the latest Ball Stem technology, new rigging points and extra optional upgrades. Plus, all armature components are "tumble" processed for a smooth matt finish, great for latex or silicone skin and for glueing materials too."
(Julian Clark, 2013)
The Pro Studio now includes the New Ball Stem from JulianClarkStudios, these are fantastic little components that make armature construction even easier and you will never experience balls falling of rods again.
Ball Stems are 6mm balls with an M3 threaded 70mm stem precision made from a single piece of hard wearing stainless steel, no need for threadlocking or soldering!!
There are 13 x 6mm Ball Stems with this kit, which have a separate selling price of £32!
Type: Ball & Socket
Material: Mild steel construction with stainless steel Ball Stems
Weight: 125 Grams
Height Range: 15cm/6" to 30cm/12"
Joint Size: Length 16mm/0.63" x width 7mm/0.27" x depth 8mm/0.31"
Ball size: 6mm diameter stainless steel
Rod size: M3/3mm stainless steel
No. Joints: 18
Tie Down: M3 tie down in foot plate and magnetic as standard
Rigging: 2 x K&S type square slot in Torso & Hip Joint, will accept 3.97mm (5/32") square tubing
Kit Build Time: 2 - 3 hours depending on experience ( 24hr cure time recommended for threadlock, see manufacturers instructions)
- New improved single/fixed joints for easier construction and adaption
- New 10mm Fixed Joint for greater control and stability for spine / back
- Professional ball jointed torso set with K&S type connection for rigging, including 3 integral ball joints
- Adaptive Torso set for improved shoulder movement, i.e shrug, stretch etc.
- "tumble" processed for smooth edges (reduce tear's in latex & silicone coverings) and a matt finish ( a better surface to adhere to for glue etc.)
- Super small components for less restraints on puppet design
- New improved Professional ball jointed hand set
- New compact hip joint with K&S type connection for rigging
- Realistic foot set with pivot controlled toe joint
- General joint tension - joints will "bed" in and become smoother after usage, joints will require periodic adjustment for desired tension.
- Moisture and humidity - all metal parts will require protection against corrosion, a lubricant such as WD-40 will protect as well as lubricate.
8 x 6mm Single/Fixed Joint Set
1 x 10mm Single/Fixed Joint Set
1 x Torso joint set including 3 integrated 6mm ball joints
1 x Hip joint set
1 x Articulated foot set with pivot controlled toe joint
1 x Hand Set
2 x M2 x 8mm cap head bolt
6 x M3 x 4mm button head bolt
4 x M3 x 6mm cap head bolt
4 x M3 x 10mm cap head bolt
14 x M3 x 8mm button head bolt
1 x M3 x 12mm cap head bolt
20 x M3 washer
12 x M3 full nut
13x 6mm Ball Stem (6mm Diameter ball, 5mm collar with 70mm M3 threaded rod)
2 x M3 threaded 6mm steel ball
1 x M3 threaded 10mm steel ball
1 x 100cm spool 1mm armature wire
1 x 100cm spool 0.75mm red copper wire
1 x 1.5, 2mm & 2.5mm allen keys
Manual & Construction Guide
Assembly is required for this kit by a capable adult. Not intended as a toy.
Made in the United Kingdom. Copyright Julian Clark 2013. All rights reserved